Sunday, October 24, 2010

Freedom

There's always a calm before a storm.
But in the words of Katy Perry, "after a hurricane comes a rainbow."
Not that my life doesn't resemble the personification of a rainbow in most cases.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm all for soul mates and eternal happiness with the one you love.
But I think there's a part of you that you lose when you're in a relationship.
Maybe when you find "the one", that part is replaced with the matching piece of your partner.
But if that's not the case, breaking up and re-discovering that lost piece is absolutely amazing.

I still feel the heartache of breaking up, and probably always will, whenever it happens.
But every cloud has silver lining, and pulling myself out of that rut to see the sunshine of freedom is such an intense feeling of liberation.
I would much rather get on with being that guy turning multiple heads (and kissing them too) in the club, which I've really always been, instead of wasting time being the desperate soul who sits around banging on about "What if...", "Why me?" and "What the Hell went wrong?"

So what are you waiting for? If your glass is even so much as half-empty, grab that vodka or bourbon or a damn martini and fill it the fuck back up!


"so if you're too school for cool
and you treat me like a fool
you can choose to let it go
we can always party on our own..

so raise your glass if you are wrong
in all the right ways" - P!nk




No comments:

Post a Comment