Sunday, May 9, 2010

Promises

I used to write blogs, and they used to be angry.
I don't know why I stopped. I guess I felt that I was above such petty behaviour.
However, recently, compared to other people, I suddenly don't feel so low any more.

I can't promise a lot of things.
I can't promise that I'd be the perfect boyfriend, or that I wouldn't annoy the shit out of you with my crazy expectations or love-sick motives.
I can't promise that I would still feel the same about anyone, in a day, a week, a month or year.
I can't promise I would treat your feelings with the utmost care, or that I would always put you first.
I can't promise I'll always be happy to see you.
I can't promise that things won't go wrong.
I can't promise that your heart will be unbroken from this point on.
I can't promise you that life won't get in the way
I can't promise that I will never make mistakes.
I can't promise that when I make those mistakes, that they would only have happened purely by accident.
I can't promise that I will be completely 100% faithful, no matter what the circumstances are.
But there is one thing I can promise you...

I will
never lie to you.

No matter what I've done, no matter how much it hurts me, no matter how much it hurts you, no matter if it makes us strong or tears us apart, I will
always tell you the truth.
When it comes to love, "I believe that trust is more important than monogamy".
If you can't be honest with me, you will
never be able to be honest with yourself.
and that is the sad, pathetic truth in each and every situation.

I may be a fool for believing that, but in my opinion...
you're the bigger fool if you don't.



"I may dissect each little thing and put myself out there so much, but at least that means that I still care. Oh! You've think you won because women are expendable to you. You may not get hurt or make an ass of yourself that way, but you don't fall in love that way either. You have not won. You're alone. I may do a lot of stupid shit but I'm still a lot closer to love than you are."
- He's Just Not That Into You, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment